30.8.12

spain 3 .... vintage







There is a very robust, larger than life quality about the vintage furniture to be found near us in Spain which I love. If I had a giant shed to furnish this is where I would go. Ultima Parada (Last Stop) housed in a vast old ceramics warehouse on the road to La Bisbal. They sell a fine selection of industrial relics, sturdy tables, chairs and eclectic lighting. They also have their own elegantly scruffy cafe, DejaVu where the very chairs you are sitting on are available to buy, and from the end of September a sunday flea market.


5 comments:

  1. Ooh what a find, I love finding vintage goodies abroad things are just a bit different...oh also wanted to say I saw your feature in this months Molly Makes, congrats! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you rebecca, I haven't seen it yet, Lucy arranged it while I was away so not sure what they have featured, must go and buy a copy! v x

      Delete
  2. OMG! Virginia, this place is amazing! Exactly the kind of furniture we love and buy at fleamarkets here in France.
    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi deb - I think a fair amount of the stock may well come from the french Fleamarkets! Its definately worth a detour if you are ever traveling down that way. v x

      Delete
  3. WOW, I know some places quite near my home, but never be able to go to visit when I bought my little home...now, after some years...I am trying to give more personality...and finding those treasures is something I love...
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails