11.11.10

tiny collection







The very first vintage book I ever bought was when I was an art student, a battered little King Penguin called Birds of the sea, I was drawn to the delicate water colour illustrations. Every now and then I find a King Penguin in the second hand bookshops to add to my collection and here are a few of them. These slim pocket sized volumes published in the 1940s-50s cover an eclectic range of useful and quirky subjects. Their pretty illustrated covers are always little works of art.

7 comments:

  1. What a stunning collection! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Virginia - I tweeted them last night :)
    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely books and great for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky having access to this sort of stuff - I would happily swap lives with you for a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! love those british military guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails