27.7.10

a morning in girona




Girona is our nearest city, just a short bus ride away. I went there this morning to look for a birthday present. I forgot the first rule for shopping in Spain - buy it when you see it because when you go back later the shop will be closed for siesta. So I took some time out to wander around the Jewish quarter in the old town. Girona is small enough to see everything on foot but big enough to want to go back again and again, a beautiful city of ancient steps, narrow streets and  secret courtyards.

5 comments:

  1. Girona is a lovely city, I've been there quite a few times and I remember the view in the first picture so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lucky you. I'd love to be in Girona right now! It looks absolutely beautiful.

    Siesta time is a bit of a slap-in-the-face when you're not expecting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Spain we have a curious business hours, with breaks for lunch (when temperatures are extremely high) which is offset by closing, never before half past eight in the afternoon or even until eleven o'clock at night in beach towns.

    If shops were open at lunch time (which many dealers would love) couldn't stand until so late.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks carme, they are curious to us! it always takes me a little while to adjust to Spanish time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, don't worry..there's no offense!
    Believe me, Spanish time, it's often hard, even to spanish people...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails