23.12.09

mistletoe kisses



I think this may be my last post before Christmas as I have a lot of sherry drinking and wrapping to do. So a very merry Christmas and mistletoe kisses to all who follow and read my blog! This poem is from Peacock Pie, a lovely book of poems for children by Walter de la Mare. This edition with wonderful atmospheric illustrations by Edward Ardizzone was first published in 1946. My dad is a great one for traditions and one of his many was to read this beautiful and spooky poem to us on Christmas Eve, it still sends shivers.

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends! I do miss Xmas in England. We try to go every other year but haven't been able to make it this time :(
    à bientôt!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails