27.9.11

labour & wait








I left Tent London on Friday feeling a bit confused, apart from a few old favourites I am not sure if I was very inspired by the design on offer. I sought refuge in Labour&Wait, now relocated to trendy Redchurch Street (along with the Story Deli, home of the delicious frilly pizza). Every humble household item for sale in Labour&Wait looks beautifully designed but probably wasn't, it has just stood the test of time. I fell for an orange enamel teapot/kettle, a lovely thing at a not very humble price, I blew several weeks charity shop budget! 
Now obsessed with enamel ware I spotted this big blue jug with iconic stem print pattern in a charity shop in Newcastle this weekend, somewhere to keep my melamine collection.


6 comments:

  1. I would have been tempted too, its so orange! Your the second person who has said Tent wasn't so good this year, makes me feel better for missing it!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We felt just the same Virginia. The things I liked most were things that were there previous years. Very uninspiring on the whole. Usually we like to take our time wandering around, but this year just whizzed around and barely anything caught our eye. Also, what happened to the big interactive space with all the lights etc? Usually a real hit with little ones...instead, just more stalls crammed in, and no nicely laid out outdoor area with places to sit/appeal to little ones. Disappointing as this has always been one of my favourites due to its quirkier, less corporate nature. But it seemed sadly more of a money grabber this year. Badly laid out and less about actual creativity and good design. There, that’s my rant! At least you came home with a nice teapot, and me, doughnuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic find with the jug - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I could have resisted it either. What is it with orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Victoria, thanks for leaving a comment at my blog, I am sad to hear about tent, I only saw the setting up and left it when was still a mess to rush to set up my stand at 100%design. If u think Tent has became corporate do not even look at 100%...what is going on with this shows?? very simple they need the money, they are loosing their cutting edge. I can't complain as I had a very good show, a lot of interest and contacts to follow. But i was one of the few independent designer in there. Pls join me for tea soon and can tell u more. We live near by, sometimes we gather to talk about design, business exchange tips etc...having a support network of friends who do the same is so rewarding! I would recommend to do a show 100% the exposure u get and the access to a complety new market, my head is still blur...regards from sunny peckham.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Virginia! Fantastic full page of your logpile paper in new Elle deco. Looks great. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails